Semi-Homemade Cheddar Biscuits



For me, weekends are all about decadent breakfasts. During the work week, I typically make something quick and healthy like a smoothie, oatmeal, or chia seed pudding, but on the weekend, I like to take my time cooking and eating. Banana buckwheat pancakes and scones are regular favorites, because #carbs. Occasionally we have morning events scheduled (which I try to avoid) and I'm not able to spend a long time cooking. Merle and I still want a rich breakfast though, so I opt for semi-homemade baked goods. The pre made buttermilk biscuits in the pop open tube in the refrigerated section of the grocery store bake quickly, making them a great fit for expedited weekend mornings. To make them worthy of a Saturday or Sunday breakfast, I drown them in cheddar cheese and herbs. I didn't say this would be a healthy recipe ;) The added layer of flavor takes the biscuits from bland to brunch worthy in minutes. Pillsbury makes the most widely available refrigerated biscuits, but I prefer the Trader Joe's version with fewer artificial ingredients. Either way, it will be hard to eat just one of these tasty biscuits. 


Cheddar Herb Biscuits
Serves 8

1 tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/3 cup scallions or chives, roughly chopped 
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Open the biscuits and separate on a baking sheet. Divide the scallions or chives on the tops of the biscuits and press down.top each biscuit with cheddar cheese. Bake according to package instructions.  




No comments:

Post a Comment