Scented Bath Salts



Do you take baths? I rarely took baths, but when I was pregnant, I fell in love with long indulgent baths. I turn off the lights, light a candle, and pour in a few handfuls of scented bath salts while the water is running. The salts help my muscles and joints further relax and the scent helps create the right mood. I typically go for either a lavender scent to promote sleepiness or rosemary mint to reduce stress. The scented salts can be purchased ready made (Dr. Teals is our favorite), but they are also simple to make at home. Today I'm sharing two recipes for bath salts, which I plan on including in self care gift boxes along with yesterday's DIY aromatherapy candles and tomorrow's homemade room spray. For people who don't like baths, the salts also make a great foot soak. 


Sleepy Time Bath Salts

Supplies
2 cups Epsom salts
Empty container with lid (I used almond butter jars and glass soda bottles. Mason jars would also work well)

Stir to combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Pour the mixture into an empty container and screw on the lid. Allow the mixture to sit for several days for the scent to permeate. 

Stress Be Gone Bath Salts

Supplies
2 cups Epsom salts
2 Tbsp dried rosemary
Empty container with lid 

In a large bowl, stir together the essential oils and Epsom salt. Once thoroughly mixed, stir in the dried rosemary. Pour the mixture into an empty container and screw on the lid. Allow the mixture to sit for several days for the scent to permeate. 













No comments:

Post a Comment