Almost Instant Mac and Cheese


Macaroni and cheese is a comforting staple with thousands of variations in flavor and cooking method. I most frequently make a vegan version, but I'm happy to sample just about any mac and cheese that crosses my plate. This weekend I made a delicious batch that came together in minutes without the artificial powdered cheese. If you can boil pasta, you can make this recipe.


Almost Instant Mac and Cheese
Serves 2 as a main course or 4 as a side

1 1/2 cup quick cooking elbow noodles
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup half and half
Salt and pepper

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the elbow noodles according to package directions (I used the quick cooking type that takes 3 minutes to cook). Strain the noodles thoroughly. Stir in the cheese and half and half. Generously season with freshly cracked black pepper and add salt as needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment