Spicy Lemonade


I strongly dislike the heat. It's 100 degrees with high humidity in Philadelphia today, which leaves me generally feeling miserable. Sweating the instant after stepping outside is no fun. The only things that could make it better are being near a body of water (not going to happen) and a refreshing, ice cold drink. At least the second one I can do something about. Pre-made drinks are good, but I like to add something extra to put the flavor over the top. At a restaurant in New York City I went to a couple of years ago, they served cayenne pepper with lemonade and it has been one of my favorite combinations ever since. The pepper adds a bite to the already tart lemonade and somehow makes the drink even more refreshing. It tastes like it has alcohol in it without having actual alcohol. The capsaicin in the pepper is also supposed to make you feel full faster and longer, so I suppose you could consider it a summer weight loss drink if you went with a low sugar option. If you like the spicy things in life, you will love this!


Spicy Lemonade
Serves 1

8 oz lemonade
1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
ice

Fill a glass with ice. Pour in lemonade and top with cayenne pepper. Stir to combine. 

Occasionally stir while consuming as the pepper will sink to the bottom.













1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I do not miss the Philly heat, that's for sure! This lemonade sounds great! I know cayenne is so good for you, too!

    ReplyDelete