Buckwheat Pancake Upgrade



Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I don't have much time in the morning during the week to cook, but I like indulging in a bigger breakfast on the weekends. It has been awhile since I made pancakes for breakfast after learning Bisquick has trans fat in it (insert screaming emoji here), but this past Saturday, my breakfast craving would not be satisfied by anything but pancakes. I still like the convenience of mixes, so I opted for Bob's Red Mills Buckwheat Pancake and Waffle Mix. You know I can't leave anything as is, so I added mashed ripe bananas, vinegar (to make them lighter and flufflier), cinnamon, and vanilla flax seed milk to the batter. WOW! They were so good, the three of us ate a double batch in one sitting. Oops. Toppings included fresh berries, walnuts, and maple syrup with a side of cold brewed coffee. Merle had me promise to make another batch this weekend. Counting down the days...


For a double batch of pancakes I added:

2 mashed ripe bananas
1 tsp vinegar
pinch of cinnamon
vanilla flax seed milk in exchange for dairy milk





No comments:

Post a Comment