Weekend Roundup



As a twenty something, I feel a lot of tension between the life I envision and the life I have. There's a constant hunger, a constant pursuit of my dreamscape. Not just an instagram perfect life, but a life filled with love, intellectual stimulation, creative fulfillment, outdoor exploration, and of course the fabled freedom from want.  In general, life is good. I don't have anything to complain about. I have a loving family, a healthy, bright daughter, co-workers I enjoy working with and sufficient financial means to feed, clothe, and house our family. I should be content with this life. Contentment yields happiness say the philosophers. And sometimes I think about being content with this life. I think about abandoning my dreams, buying a house here, putting down roots, and sinking into this life for the next couple of decades. But I can't bring myself to do it. To me, contentment with a life unfulfilled is complacency. I'm not ready to give up. I want more for me and, more importantly, for Merle. These are the thoughts that occupied my mind this week. Enough with my ramblings for now. How are you feeling? What is on your mind? Here are the links from around the web that had my wheels turning.

Elon Musk's ex-wife describes what it takes to be a mogul 

Oprah Winfrey peddling the American Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment