Roasted Brussel Sprouts


Oh man. The stomach bug came to our apartment and conquered. Once Merle was feeling better, I caught the bug on Saturday. Even though I've been in the clear for two days, this virus has whopped me. I have zero energy and little interest in food. BUT I made it to the gym this morning and managed to eat a full lunch, so I am making some progress. Now I have first hand experience of how poor little Merle felt last week :( This week's kitchen efforts are going to be minimal and I'm focusing on nutritionally dense foods like nuts, avocados, and brussel sprouts. Brussel sprouts tend to be a polarizing veggie. Most people either really love them or really hate them. I have to admit, I have loved these tasty little cabbages from the time I first started eating solid food (just ask my mom). Despite this, I still make the claim that roasting brussel sprouts, as detailed below, will bring haters toward the middle. I can't even call it a recipe because it requires so little effort and thought. The results are chewy, salty bites of delicious pleasure. Merle and I eat a full package in one sitting :D

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs brussel sprouts, base remove and halved
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 tsp salt

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lay out the brussel sprouts on a baking sheet and coat with oil and salt. Gently toss with your hands to combine. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from the oven when the edges become crispy. 


                     







No comments:

Post a Comment