Modern Lace


Over the past couple of seasons, lace has become ubiquitous. Before I always identified lace with bygone eras and country weddings, but having been inspired by the more recent, sexier incarnations of lace, I jumped on the trend. When shopping I stuck with darker colors and classic silhouettes to avoid feeling dated after the trend passes. I decided on a black lace ensamble from Banana Republic including a long pencil skirt and chiffon trimmed tank. I love the pieces so much, I find myself wearing them almost weekly. 


For work I wear the matching set, which ends up looking like a dress, and top it with a fitted, textured peplum sweater to add shape. On really cold days, I add a little bit of (faux) fur to keep the decaloutage warm. When it's warmer, the tank and skirt by themselves would be perfect for date night with the addition of delicate jewelry. 

Outfit details: Banana Republic skirt, tank, and scarf / H&M peplum sweater








On the weekends, I ditch the tank in favor of a t-shirt and utility vest. The outfit is comfortable enough to go running around with Merle, but presentable enough that I don't mind running into people. Here it's paired with basic nude sandals, but metallic ballet flats or slip on sneakers work well too. I'm excited to spring to come so I can finally wear the skirt without tights. 

Outfit details: Banana Republic Skirt / Old Navy t-shirt and vest / Loft sandals 







No comments:

Post a Comment