Plum Cupcakes



When I was in college, one of my favorite desserts to make for birthdays was Ina Garten's Plum Tatin. It is sweet and rich, but not excessively, and has a nice depth of flavor thanks to sour cream and lemon zest. I'm generally not a huge cake fan, but this one is so delicious, the plum topping is well, just the icing on the cake :) I haven't made it since graduation, so I decided to whip up a batch as cupcakes for X's birthday this week.


If you checked out yesterday's post, you got a sneak peek of the cupcakes. I made a few modifications to the recipe based on what was missing is my fridge. Check out the original recipe on the Food Network and find below my notes on the cupcake making process.

-Full recipe makes 16 cupcakes

-Don't use aluminum cupcake papers. Trust me!

-Reduce the number of plums to three. Plums are expensive this time of year and not as many can fit inside the cupcakes versus the cake.

-Ingredient swaps:

2 eggs --> 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp lemon zest --> 1/2 tsp lemon juice








No comments:

Post a Comment