Honest Company Review


After a two and a half year relationship with the Honest Company, we've severed ties. Merle is finally potty trained and with that milestone, I needed to cancel our monthly diaper deliveries. 

My wallet was happy for the diaper expense relief, but I was sad to say goodbye to the company that has been keeping our daughter's bum dry and chemical-free since birth. Early in my pregnancy, when the hunt for the perfect diaper began, I was convinced cloth was the way to go. But when I thought about it in more realistic terms, I knew it wasn't feasible for me and unfair to expect a nanny or childcare provider to do it while I was working. Although cloth diapers were out, I couldn't accept the idea of wrapping my yet to be born daughter's bum in toxic chemicals daily. In case you didn't know, mass market diapers like Pampers, Huggies, etc contain large quantities of chemicals like sodium polyacrylate (which has been removed from feminine products for causing Toxic Shock Syndrome), dioxins (which according to WHO are "highly toxic and can cause reproductive and developmental problems, damage the immune system, interfere with hormones and also cause cancer"), and plastics releasing V.O.Cs that have been known to cause asthma-like symptoms. Not exactly what I wanted my daughter to be in 24/7 for the first couple years of her life. 

At the time, there were only a few 'natural' disposable diapers on the market and they were both expensive and had horrible reviews (leaking, uncomfortable, ugly). Then I found the Honest Company. They offered plant based diapers that performed well (read: kept the pee and poo in the diaper) at an affordable price. That would have been enough for me. But they offered an even more superior product with adorable designs (including seasonal prints) and the convenience of a monthly subscription. The icing on the cake? Their customer service is AMAZING! On the rare occasions when I needed help with something their subscription platform couldn't do, I would get to speak with a real customer service agent within minutes, if not immediately. They were always upbeat and genuinely helpful. The Honest Company treats its customers well. Every holiday a small, thoughtful gift would arrive with the diaper delivery whether it was a children's book, a pack of their plant-based lip balm, or a dozen roses as shown in these photos (yes, I'm serious). Even though I'm one of thousands of customers, I felt valued and they constantly sought feedback to improve their products. Honest Company, you are honestly a one of a kind company. If we're lucky enough to have more children, I will absolutely use their diapers again and we'll continue using their bath and cleaning products. 





No comments:

Post a Comment