Easy Roast Chicken


Like most kids, Merle eats a lot of chicken, but we don't let her eat if it's breaded or fried, meaning no chicken nuggets, chicken cutlets, etc. As a vegetarian, handling raw, bone in meat grossed me out when she first started eating solid food. Slowly but surely I've gotten used to it. We tend to bake drumsticks for her, because she seems to prefer the dark meat, but I also frequently roast a whole chicken for her. It is easier on my gag reflex if I buy the whole chicken cut up and it also speeds up cooking time. While I can't say for certain with my own tastebuds, Merle and Xiao seem to love how this version of roast chicken tastes. The skin gets crispy and the interior stays moist and flavorful.


Easy Roast Chicken

1whole chicken, cut apart (approx 4lbs)
1 Tbsp dried rosemary
1/2 Tbsp poultry seasoning
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
1/2 cup white wine

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the chicken in a baking dish and arrange the pieces evenly. Season the chicken with a sprinkling of salt and pepper (that's a specific measurement I know). Massage the oil, rosemary, and poultry seasoning on the chicken skin. Pour over the white wine, which will pool at the bottom of the dish.

Bake for 20 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and continue cooking for another hour and forty minutes. With a knife, pierce a small hole in the thickest part of the chicken breast to verify it is cooked completely. Allow the chicken for about ten minutes to allow the juices to settle. Then enjoy promptly :)






No comments:

Post a Comment