Carboholic's Breakfast


Hi. I'm Megan. And I'm a carboholic. If you're made of mostly carbs, chances are good I want to eat you. Breakfast is the meal with which I indulge my carboholic ways most. This simple breakfast has plenty of carbs, but also manages to feature protein, healthy fats, and a serving of fruit.


'It's ok to love carbs' Oatmeal
Serves 1

1/2 cup Old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup blueberries
1 cup water
3 Tbsp ground flax seeds
1 tsp honey
2 Tbsp almond butter
1 Tbsp whole milk (optional)

In a microwaveable container, combine the oats, blueberries, water, and flax seeds. Microwave for two minutes. Stir in the honey, almond butter, and milk.

Serve hot with coffee and for the true carboholics, toast. This week I'm being lazy and bought pre-made bread, Bread Alone's whole wheat sourdough. It is so, so GOOD, especially with a bit of Kerrygold.



No comments:

Post a Comment