The Little Things





Some times I get caught up in running through to do lists and focusing on what comes next, that I forget to enjoy the present. No matter how many times I hear that living in the present is they key to happiness, I struggle to do so. There's nothing like a delighted toddler to bring your attention to the now. Sunday brought a brief rain shower and after spending most of the weekend cooped up inside sick, Merle was itching to go outside. We spent an hour jumping in the puddles next to our apartment over and over again. It was such a simple activity, but it brought her (and consequently, me) so much joy. As we start a new week, I want to make a conscious effort to live in the present and take pleasure in the little things. 

P.S. Don't forget to follow us on instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment