Need. Love. Want.



Last week I shared my top five tips for fall fashion budgeting. I thought I would also share what falls into the need and want categories, as well as the love space that blurs the lines of want and need.

Need.
I'll mention again, need is a strong word for clothing. In all seriousness, my closet is out of control, but I always find a few items that I feel like I "need." This fall I have a couple items that could use updating, namely a new plain white t-shirt (is it just me or do they attract stains?) and a body hugging little black dress. You never know who you'll meet ;)

Love.
Leather continues to be on trend and I continue to be obsessed. These pieces strike a balance between feminine polish and leather toughness. But ugh, I can't get this leather shift dress out of my mind. It is quickly moving from the want category into the need category. At least the leather pencil skirt is a bit more practical. Both the skirt and the dress would look great with the studded t-strap pumps. They're an affordable version of the Valentino pairs that were everywhere in the spring.

Dainty necklaces have slowly been making a comeback. I love the idea of wearing two initial necklaces, one with my initial and one with Merle's. As for the striped shift dress, my love for chambray knows no bounds.

Want. 
I have a love affair with impractical shoes. But how beautiful are these boots?! I could wear them with the skirt below or the ponte dress or with boyfriend jeans and the white tee or.... Too bad I couldn't justify spending that much money on shoes :'(

This classic skirt is much more practical and reasonably priced. It's perfect for work, date nights, and afternoons running around the park. Everything about it says Megan to me.

Update: I bought the leather shift dress! I can't wait to show you pics. And for the classic black A-line skirt, I found a cheaper version at H&M.

No comments:

Post a Comment