Fifty Shades of Wow


Finally back to reality. I started the Fifty Shades of Grey book trilogy on Friday night after seeing the trailer for the movie. The trailer was so steamy, I knew I had to read the books ASAP. Jamie Dornan, the actor chosen to play Christian Grey, is exactly who I pictured (yes, I have a type). This afternoon I finished the third book and I feel spent. The books drag you in *tehehe* to a world of lust and love  and it felt nearly impossible to pry my eyes and mind away from them. I love crawling into books. I have an over active imagination, so the book world becomes very real to me. This was a good series to do that with ;)

I recently found a new way to be enveloped by books: book scented candles. BookScents is a fantastic Etsy shop that sells candles made to smell like characters in books. I bought a sample pack with Fifty Shades of Grey and Wrath, Beth, and Mine from the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. The Fifty Shades candle smells how Christian's scent is described and it's probably my favorite scent out of the four. Wrath smells like a cologned man and Beth smells like peaches (lolz-you'll understand if you read the books), which was a little too feminine for me. Mine had a musky, woodsy scent that I really liked. It was my favorite after the Fifty Shades. Melting the wax while reading helped make the experience all the move vivid. The shop offers candles for several other popular series, which you can check out here.

Have you read 50 Shades of Grey? What did you think? Would you try book scented candles?

No comments:

Post a Comment