Semi-Homemade Potato Salad


I do my best to make most of our meals from scratch using only whole foods instead of processed ingredients, but let's be honest, I love shortcuts too. Some times those shortcuts come in the cheap, pre-packaged variety. Potato salad is a tasty, filling accompaniment to summer's grilled food. I'm not crazy about the egg-y flavored versions, so I prefer to make my own. It's relatively quick and straightforward to mix up the sauce for potato salad, but sometimes quick isn't fast enough (plus I like to use creme fraiche when making it from scratch and it's expensive). My trick to lighting fast semi-homemade potato salad is salad dressing. I like to use creamy Parmesan and peppercorn dressing, but you could use whatever you prefer. Here's the recipe.


Semi-Homemade Potato Salad

Ingredients
1 lb Potatoes (I used golden creamery potatoes)
1-2 stalks celery, diced 
1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
1/3 cup dressing (I used Parmesan and peppercorn dressing)
2 tsp vinegar 

Boil the potatoes in salted water. Once softened, remove from heat, strain, and allow to cool, before chopping the potatoes into bite sized pieces. In a large bowl, stir to combine the remaining ingredients with the potatoes. If time allows, refrigerate for a couple of hours to  give the flavors more time to meld. 

                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment