Mommy Errand Look

Gap sweater (similar) and jeans (similar); Brooks Brothers oxford; VanEli shoes 

 Spring and fall are my favorite fashion seasons. Unlike summer, you can wear multidimensional, layered outfits and unlike winter, you don't need a half dozen layers to stay warm. My go-to looks for running errands with Merle feature a light sweater over an oxford, either boyfriend jeans or skinnies, and a bold, playful flat. Oxfords have been my favorite clothing item as long as I can remember, especially the chambray and crisp white varieties. Some time I'll share one of the countless sweater vest and oxford pictures from elementary school. I  guess it's my inner nerd, but hey, they make you look instantly pulled together! Layering on a sweater adds warmth and a contrast of color. I tend to match the shoes with the sweater, whether in theme or color. Boyfriend jeans and skinnies are the most practical pants when running around with a tot; they move when you do. Simple earrings finish off the outfit without fuss. 






No comments:

Post a Comment