Philadelphia Finds: The Woodlands


I have a bad case of Wanderlust. Lately all I can think about is picking up and moving to a different city. Fortunately or unfortunately it is going to take a lot of thinking (and saving!) before I'm ready to decide on a new locale for Merle an I. In the mean time, I'm trying to make the most of our stay in Philadelphia by uncovering some of the city's hidden gems. One of those treasures is the Woodlands, a sprawling (by urban standards) estate and cemetary located just outside University City. It sounds weird, but the interweaving of nature and two centuries old graves overlooking the bussling city inspires me. I find myself writing dozens of stories in my head as I push the stroller through the property. I don't think I'm alone in this feeling as I often find runners, children playing, and students reading when we're there. Last time I even spotted a few sunbathers. While I'm not sure I could lay on top of graves in a bikini, I greatly enjoy any time spent wandering the Woodlands and would consider it one of the city's finest gems. 













No comments:

Post a Comment