The Best Way to Wash Your Face

Neutrogena® Naturals Acne Cream Cleanser

Last week I mentioned how therapeutic my nightly face washing is, so I thought I would share step by step how I get the most out of my skin care routine.

Step 1: Thoroughly wet skin with hot water. The water should be as hot as your hands can handle. The warmth of the water opens up pores and preps skin for the removal of dirt, oil, and other impurities that accumulate during the day. If you have the time, standing over a pot of boiling water also works great in opening pores.

Step 2: Massage cleanser over the entire face, concentrating on acne and oil prone areas. I am currently obsessing over Neutrogena Naturals Acne Cream Cleanser. It leaves a tingly clean feeling and moisturizes skin without making my face oily.

Step 3: Rinse the cleanser completely off with hot water. Using hot water again at this step ensures the cleanser can do it's job clearing out pores. Removing the cleanser completely is important in preventing product build up on the skin.

Step 4: Immediately after rinsing with hot water, rinse the face with cold water. This quickly tightens and minimizes pores, without the use of a toner.

Step 5: Dry skin with a towel. At night I do this roughly, which functions almost like an exfoliater. In the morning, I pat dry gently so as not to irritate my skin before make up application.

And that's it. I tend to have oily skin so I don't moisturize at night, but in the morning I use a creamy foundation primer that I discussed here. I have it broken up into a lot of steps here for explanatory purposes, but the whole routine is quick and easy. I notice a big difference in the texture and overall appearance of my skin when I complete all of the steps. I hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment