Weekend Retail Therapy

It's finally Friday! Woot woot! Do you ever have a week that feels like it will never end? This week was one of those weeks for me, but it's over now and for the first time since I went back to work, I'm off on a Saturday. I'm using the day to relax, spend time with family, and do a little retail therapy.

It's a great time to go clothes shopping. Retailers are sitting on leftover winter product and their back rooms and shipment pallets are bursting with new spring product to stock the store. They can't get everything out until the holiday product is gone, so many retailers are offering steep discounts to give customers an incentive to buy their remaining stock. Just about every store I shop at has been flooding my inbox with emails for an additional percentage off sale, some up to an extra 50% off. That means big savings for you on items you can wear right now (Spring is still months away) or save for next year.

Outerwear is one of the most expensive pieces in anyone's wardrobe and end of season sales can save you hundreds of dollars on winter coats. The key is to avoid trendy styles that likely won't be in fashion next year. Next winter season I wanted to buy a new coat, because I used my pregnancy coat again this year. It's great to be able to zip the baby up in the now roomy coat when I carry her, but next year I doubt I will still be carrying her in a pouch on my chest all the time. I'm in love with the J. Crew jacket shown here and have waiting for it to go on sale. Now that it's on sale with an offer of an extra 30% off, it works out to be about half off the original price. I think this might need to make it into my closet now, instead of waiting for next year.

A last word of advice is to make sure you love the pieces you're buying. It may sound like a great deal to get tops that had been $40 for $5.97, but if you didn't like it before, don't buy it now just because it's on sale. You won't wear it and it will end up being a waste of money.

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment