Trend Alert: Prints that Pop

Anthropologie dress and bag; J. Crew flats; THML button down; Forever 21 pants; BCBGMAXAZIRA dress

The bright colorblocking of the past few seasons is giving way to a new kind of bold: prints. Right now prints are all over the fashion industry and in a big way with head to toe looks in wallpaper worthy patterns. I once had a finishing school instructor tell me I was too beautiful to wear prints. Yea. Right. I think he just hated my dress so much, he never wanted me to wear it again and he figured he would achieve the desired outcome if he used a compliment instead of an insult. Ever since then, I've been leery of wearing patterns and prints because I didn't want to distract people away from my face (because of what I'm saying, not because I'm that vain!). With a trend I'm not crazy for, I tend to either ignore it all together or interject small hints of the trend into my wardrobe, like the accessories shown above. When I do opt for bolder pieces like the pants or the top, I make sure to keep the rest of my outfit neutral. If you love the trend, but all means head for something like the stunning pear print dress from Anthropologie.

No comments:

Post a Comment