There's Always Tomorrow for Dreams to Come True



It's a line from a song in Rudolph the Red-nose Reindeer and for whatever reason, I have it on repeat inside my head. I can't remember any other lyrics from the song except that one line of chorus. I guess I must be spending a lot of time thinking about my tomorrow's and dreams for a single line not to be able to escape my thoughts.

In my new job (yay!) I work daily with budding entrepreneurs chasing after their dreams. They are students with a passion and while still in school, they are forming concrete business plans and are finding investors that offer them thousands, and in some cases millions, of dollars to make their dreams a reality. I admire how these entrepreneurs throw caution to the wind and find their own ways of navigating the world outside the traditional corporate world route. They aren't waiting for an endless string of tomorrows for their dreams to come true. They are making them happen today.

I started this blog a few months ago under the premise that I would be sharing my journey of making  myself into the person I want to be, living the life I want to live, hence the title MakingMe. With this song stuck in my head, I have myself questioning whether I'm waiting on a tomorrow that may never come. The chorus is sung by Clarice, the female reindeer character in the movie, and her voice is so beautiful, that listening to the lyrics is like biting into an apple that looks perfectly ripe, only to bite find out it is rotten on the inside. There's always tomorrow for dreams to come true. It sounds reassuring, positive almost, as if you shouldn't be upset today wasn't what you wanted, someday it will all work out. 
Realistically that dreamy tomorrow isn't going to come, unless you actively choose to make it happen. 

Lately I have been struggling just to get through one day of tasks with Merle swearing off sleep and the mental strain changing jobs requires, let alone trying to work on my future. It is becoming increasingly difficult to spend time on me doing things that are important to me, like writing blog posts. But having this song on repeat in my head and my building aversion to the lyrics, is making me realize once again that no matter what  hardships today may bring, I have to do something to build towards my future every day. The future I want won't happen on its own and I don't want life to pass me by while I'm waiting for a tomorrow that may never come. Today and every day I need to do something to make my dreams come true. I may not be like the other young entrepreneurs, I see, risking it all and making it happen now, but I'm getting  closer by doing what I can each day without fail.

What about you? Do you tend to focus on today or your dreams of tomorrow? Are you doing everything you can today to make tomorrow a reality?

No comments:

Post a Comment