New Year's Resolution 2013




Happy New Year! I hope you had a joyous celebration last night to conclude 2012 and are ready for a prosperous 2013.  I ate my weight in sauerkraut today to give myself a little extra luck this year (an old German wives’ tale that I don’t mind eating up). 2012 was a big year for me with the birth of my daughter and the subsequent journey of self discovery that helped me realize what really matters most. When I was younger, I always had a plan for every moment of my life and for the past couple of years, I felt lost because I didn't have a concrete plan of where I was going and how I was going to get there. 

This year taught me that I can have goals and plans without having every step mapped out in minute detail, because hey, sometimes you just need to enjoy the ride. I have come to envision life as a boat sailing in the ocean; as its captain you may be able to steer the boat, but on the vast, open seas, the surrounding water will always be your master. That's why this year my new year's resolution is to focus on what I can control and not let myself stress out about what I can't control. Learning to curb my control freak tendencies will help bring a greater peace of mind and happiness. That's the aim at least.

What about you? Any new year's resolutions? Or do you think they're silly?  This is the first year I made a firm resolution and I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment