Wintertime Sexy

TopShop Leggings; J. Crew Sweater; Alfani Boots; Banana Republic Earrings


Do you ever have a day when you're tired of feeling run down and just want to feel sexy? Today was one of those days for me. We spent the weekend visiting my parents in the suburbs and took the train back into the city with the baby early this morning before I had to be to work at 9. In the rush to get ready this morning, I didn't have time to shower, so I started the day out grubby. Then at work the heating unit was malfunctioning, making the building a steamy 80 degrees. Of course I was dressed for winter weather and was sweating like a pig in no time.

I felt like a hot mess. All I could think of was how much I wanted to go home, scrub myself clean, do my hair and makeup, and put on an outfit that made me feel sexy. Not like bedroom sexy. More like confident and bold sexy. The outfit in my minds eye centered around these faux leather pants I wore a few times in college that haven't seen the light of day since before graduation.

The leather look is showing up all over this season from accents on sweaters to full blown head to toe ensembles and I've wanted to bring out my pants, but I'm not as brave as Sandy at the end of Grease anymore. Today I felt emboldened though and would have taken the wardrobe swap in a heartbeat, as long as a shower accompanied it. To make the look not feel too over the top, I would juxtapose the black form fitting pants with a cream colored oversized cable knit sweater, giving it a creature of comfort meets sexy siren vibe. A neutral bootie with minimal accessories would round out the outfit.

I love the idea of this outfit and so desperately want to reclaim my sexpot status for a day, but my confidence has already begun to wane. Instead of coming home to beautify myself, I spent the evening cleaning the apartment, giving Merle a bath, and snuggling and reading bedtime stories. It was a night well spent in my favorite pjs, but I still wish I could slip into something a little more daring. Oh well. See you in my dreams sexy outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment