Not your Mom's mom jeans

J. Crew Necklace, Shirt, Skirt, and Vest, Gap Flats and Tights, Franco Sarto Booties

Alexander Wang T, Lacoste Flats, Current/Elliot Jeans, Banana Republic Earrings and Necklace, Gap Scarf,
Vero Moda Blazer, Madewell Booties



Fall is my favorite season for fashion. I love layers, but I find most of the year too hot to really layer it up (including winter when many buildings feel the need to make it feel like summer with the heat). Autumn air has crispness to it that calls for structured pieces layered over soft knits that feel like you’re still burrowed in your bed. I have a more classic style, but each year I like to pick a couple of trends that speak to me and incorporate them into my wardrobe. This year is a whole new adventure trying to translate trends into mom friendly outfits. Pieces have to allow for easy access to the girls for feeding sessions, be somewhat wrinkle resistant so it doesn’t look like your day was as hard as it was, and stand up to multiple washings because getting mysterious baby substances on yourself is inevitable. I’ve chosen two of my favorite day-to-day outfits to share. When I find items, or even whole outfits, that work well, I find myself buying it season after season, simply mixing it up with different colors and textures.

Outfit Number One:

Chambray oxfords are a staple in my wardrobe. They match with everything, are easily laundered, and have a bit of structure without being stuffy. Vibrant color continues to be on trend into the fall and J. Crew’s No. 2 pencil skirts are always in style. A statement necklace and neutral flats balance out the distribution of color. As temperatures continue to descend, this outfit can easily be warmed up with a quilted vest, tights, and booties.

Outfit Number Two:

 Katie Holmes knew what she was doing when she started the boyfriend jeans trend as a new mom. They’re slouchy and comfy, but still leave you looking put together. I like to pair mine with an impeccably tailored white T, like this one from Alexander Wang or for a more budget friendly option, check out Gap’s Pure T collection. Oxblood is a hot color this fall, but is a bit too dark for my taste, so I like to incorporate it in small doses, like with these accessories. To dress up this simple outfit, toss on a blazer, chunky necklace, and a pair of booties, my favorite fall shoe trend. These booties from Madewell have an extra dose of cool with leopard print.  

2 comments:

  1. love the post :) It would be awesome if you posted links for where to find the products you have in your collections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Rochelle! I updated the captions on the photos with links to where to purchase the items. Just click the item name and it will direct you to the right place. Hope that helps x

    MK

    ReplyDelete